Home Insurance in Newnan, Georgia

You will be liable for repairing your home if it is damaged from fire, flood or a natural disaster. Home insurance may be able to replace your personal possessions or protect you if you are responsible for damage to another person’s property or an injury sustained at your home. Furthermore, you could also obtain coverage to deal with court fees, food and shelter if you have to leave your home. Discussing options with an insurance agent from Keats Insurance Agency can help you determine which form of insurance works for you.

When you purchase your first house, you’re making a huge financial and emotional transaction. Buying home insurance can be a great benefit to ensure that you are covered in case your Newnan house is destroyed or damaged.

From more comprehensive policies to basic liability coverage, homeowner’s insurance can vary in how it covers the home’s structure and personal property in your home. Your insurance agency will make a huge impact in determining how your home insurance plan works.

The most basic types of homeowner’s insurance policies are listed as follows:

HO-1 Policy

An HO-1 homeowner’s insurance policy gives you fundamental coverage. It covers harm caused by particular incidents, including fire, lightning, windstorms, hail and explosions. These programs also usually cover damage triggered by civil unrest and volcanic eruptions. Since this policy is very narrow, many states no longer offer it.

HO-2 Policy

This policy safeguards you against 16 types of events, including the resulting destruction from burglary, vandalism or civil tension. It also covers hail damage, windstorm damage and broken glass, along with smoke damage and wreckage caused by a vehicle. If your pipes burst or your roof caves in, this policy will also cover that.

HO-3 Policy

The HO-3 policy covers all possible causes of destruction to your property and belonging loss, with the exception of specifically listed events. Exclusions differ from policy to policy, so go over yours conscientiously to understand what is going to be excluded.

Basic vs. Extra Coverage

Basic homeowner’s insurance typically covers the money it will cost to repair damaged property, as well as the restoration costs if your home is damaged. It also covers your belongings, but the contents of your household are only covered for up to 40 percent of the home’s insured value. Additional coverage will protect you against earthquakes and floods, as well as deal with the loss of individual property like jewelry, computers and cameras.